The Ledgemere Difference
- We offer a variety of open ended materials and activities to the children, allowing curiosity to lead them to spaces and experiences that are of interest to them.
- Our outside space is an extension of our classroom as we value the natural world and the joy and wonder it can bring to a child.
- As the school is their space we ask that the children actively care for it by taking on roles and responsibilities throughout the day to embrace our community.
- We allow flexibility within our schedule and welcome moving in different directions if the children take us there.
- We recognize the need to be centered and offer moments of mindfulness and yoga.
- We provide opportunities and strategies for social emotional growth, talking through feelings as the children navigate peer interactions and relationships.
- We support children in building self help skills as a step in building independence and pride in their accomplishments.
- We foster relationships with the whole family as we are working together to support the child in their growth and success.
- We honor children’s voices as we listen, support, and respect their perspectives, ideas, and decisions.